Beyond the Desktop: Expand your web design skills to create mobile sites and apps
- Topic: Beyond the Desktop: Expand your web design skills to create mobile sites and apps
- Recorded: September 1, 2011
- Length: 1 hour
- Cost: Free
- Presented by: Michael Slater, Webvanta, and Patrick Schutte, MI Windows & Doors
- Who should attend: Designers, marketing managers, product managers
We don't have any scheduled dates for this webinar right now, but you can watch the recording any time.
This webinar is intended for marketing managers, graphic designers, product managers, and anyone else who is ready to go beyond the desktop and embrace mobile platforms.
We'll show how you can add mobile sites, phone apps, and tablet apps to your repertoire -- without getting buried in technical details.
The webinar will be presented by Michael Slater, CEO, Webvanta, and Patrick Schutte, Business Development Consultant, MI Windows & Doors.
They will address issues including:
- The pros and cons of apps vs. mobile sites
- Designing for small and mid-size screens
- Touchscreen design limitations
- Designing small-screen navigation
- Cross-platform strategies
As an example, we'll show an actual mobile site and iPad application for a window manufacturer, and illustrate how the differences from the desktop created opportunities and challenges in the phone and tablet environments. The desktop site, mobile site, and iPad app work together to address the needs of customers and the sales team a far more capable solution than is possible with any one platform.
Once you understand the design constraints that the mobile environment imposes, you'll be able to leverage your marketing, user experience, and graphic design skills to create high-value projects.