Choosing a Mobile Strategy for Your Business
- Topic: Choosing a Mobile Strategy for Your Business
- Recorded: December 12, 2012
- Length: 1 hour
- Cost: Free
- Presented by: Michael Slater
- Who should attend: Marketing managers, business owners, and designers who need to get quickly up-to-speed on the mobile web.
We don't have any scheduled dates for this webinar right now, but you can watch the recording any time.
Smartphones continue to explode in popularity, with more than half of American cell-phone owners using a Smartphone. Two-thirds of mobile users, responding to a Google survey, said that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service.
Despite these overwhelming statistics, the majority of websites remain mobile-unfriendly. If yours is one of them, now is the time to put a plan in place to take advantage of the burgeoning mobile world.
Choosing how to address the mobile opportunity can be challenging, however, due to the large number of choices and increasing complexity of the mobile landscape. In this free webinar, Webvanta CEO Michael Slater, who has helped many companies craft and execute an effective mobile strategy, will address topics including:
- Why you need a mobile-optimized website, whether or not you also have a mobile app.
- Crafting content for mobile websites to make optimal use of small screens.
- Taking advantage of touchscreens for smooth website interactions.
- The pros and cons of mobile apps, and how to develop them at modest cost.
- How to efficiently support the wide range of smartphones, including iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, the broad range of Android phone, and the new Windows phones.
- Choosing between responsive design and a separate mobile site.
- Providing tablet users with an optimized experience.
- Techniques for using one set of content for multiple platforms and avoiding duplicate content entry.
- How frameworks such as jQuery Mobile can cut the cost of delivering a great mobile site.
Who This Webinar is For
We've designed this webinar for marketing managers, business owners, and designers who need to get quickly up-to-speed on the mobile web. We'll focus on strategic issues and provide guidelines for choosing an approach and putting an implementation plan in place. (Note: nothing in this webinar is specific to the Webvanta platform.)
About the Presenter
Michael Slater is the CEO and co-founder of Webvanta Inc., where he has helped hundreds of companies take their web presence to the next level. A former Director of Technology Strategy at Adobe Systems, he has been working with the web since its inception and is an expert at matching business needs to technology solutions.